ISCM World Music Days 2018, Beijing
(is jointly presented by: 2018 Beijing Modern Music Festival)
May 19-26, 2018
Call for Works
We kindly invite composers to submit scores. The ISCM World Music Days will take place in Beijing of China from May 19 to May 26 in 2018.
According to the “Rules of Procedure for the Organization of the ISCM World Music Days Festival”, submissions should be either official (by ISCM Members) or individual. Only one work per composer may be submitted for a given ISCM-WMD Festival, whether through official or individual submissions.
1. Symphony orchestra (without choir; with or without soloist such as piano, violin, viola, cello, flute, oboe, clarinet, trumpet, percussion, tenor and soprano, etc.)
Duration max. 20 min.
2. Traditional Chinese Music Orchestra (without choir; with or without soloists such as erhu, pipa, zheng, ruan, bamboo flute, suona, sheng, percussion, etc.)
(2 bangdi+2 qudi+ 2 xindi+ 2 soprano sheng+ 2 alto sheng+ bass sheng+ 2 soprano suona+ 2 alto suona+ 2 tenor suona+ 2 bass suona+ 2 liuqin+ 2 yangqin+ 4-6 pipa+ 6 zhongruan+ 2-4 daruan+ 2 zheng+ 8-10 percussion+ 4-10 gaohu+ 12-16 erhu+ 4-8 zhonghu+ 4-8 cellos+ 3-6 double basses)
Duration max. 20 min.
3. Sinfonietta: flute, oboe, 2 clarinets, bassoon - trumpet, horn, trombone - 2 violins,
viola, cello, double bass - 2 perc - pno).
Duration max. 10 min.
4. Youth mixed choir (70 members; four voices for mix choir: soprano, alto, tenor and bass). Duration max. 8 min.
5. String Quartet. Duration max. 15 min.
6. Piano Trio for piano, violin and cello; or Piano Trio for piano, clarinet, and violin or viola. Duration max. 15 min.
7. Chamber Music pieces for quintet: flute (also alto flute and bass-flute), clarinet (also bass-clarinet), piano, violin and cello. Duration max. 15 min.
8. Chamber Music pieces for septet or octet: instruments to be chosen from violin, viola, cello, bass, piano, flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon, horn, trumpet, trombone, and percussion, no more than one of each. Duration max 10 min.
9. Pieces for violin, flute, tenor, or soprano, with or without piano. Pieces for piano solo are also accepted. Duration max 8 min.
10. Chamber Opera. No more than 2 actors, and no more than 20 regular instruments from symphony orchestra. Concert version. Duration max 45 min.
11. Computer Music, for fixed media or with live performance (for voice or no more than 4 instruments to be chosen from 1 flute, 1 oboe, 1 clarinet, 1 bassoon, 1 horn, 1 trumpet, 1 trombone, 2 violins, 1 viola, 1 violoncello, 1 double-bass), up to 8 channels. Duration max 15 min.
The listed instruments are standard instruments, but the use of non-standard instruments is possible (additional expenses covered by the submitter). And more updated information on the categories may be found on the website later.